It’s finally Thanksgiving and we all know what that means… a LOT of turkey, stuffing, but most importantly, pumpkin pie! I posted my recipe on Insta Stories a few weeks ago and so many of you tried and loved it. Today being Thanksgiving Eve, I had so many request to repost the recipe and therefore decided to share it (very last minute) on the blog. I apologize that this is being posted so late, but so many of you sent me messages today, that I just couldn’t refuse. Hope you enjoy it!
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
3 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin purée
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 any frozen 9 inch pie crust
- Preheat your over to 350°F.
- Combine all the filling ingredients together until the consistency is smooth.
- Pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool on a rack.
- After a few hours, you can refrigerate the pie overnight.
- Serve and add whip cream on top to garnish!
And there you have it! Such a quick and easy recipe that is basically foolproof. I apologize for being so late on this one, but I truly hope this comes in time for all of you to prepare it for Thanksgiving. If you do try out this recipe, I would love for you to share your pictures and tag me.
Happy Thanksgiving guys!